Inter-school Speaking Contest
Inter-school Speaking Contest
Enjoy the art of speaking. Explore your full potential.
“Bestie’s Speech Cup” is dedicated to encourage students to enjoy language arts. This year’s contest will maintain our absolute grading regulation. We provide a stage for students to exhibit their speaking skills and challenge themselves.
Every student get to shine in their own areas of competence;
Students could understand their current skill levels more, allowing themselves to improve and break their own records!
Absolute Grading to Award the Outstanding
Once participants achieve the criteria of different grade levels, they will be awarded with the corresponding prize. Participants will receive an exquisite e-certificate as encouragement!
Results will be divided into grade levels as below. Awards will be given to participants according to the grade levels.
• Time duration for each video should not be more than 5 minutes.
• Resolution must be 720p(1280×720) or above.
• Performance videos are allowed to be filmed by mobile phones (portrait and landscape orientation are both allowed).
• Videos should be filmed in one take. Any form of video editing is not allowed.
• At the beginning of performance videos, participants must include their name, name or title of performing piece and author of performing piece (if applicable) spoken in the language of their performing piece (Cantonese, English or Putonghua).
Remarks for recording performance videos
• Video must be live recorded. Dubbing is forbidden.
• To avoid misunderstanding, use of voice recording equipment is allowed except for earphones equipped with microphones.
• Videos should be recorded indoors with a simple background and a quiet surrounding. Please ensure there is sufficient lighting.
• Please ensure the camera is kept steady throughout the recording process.
Frequently Asked Questions
The contest results will be announced on 17th May 2021 (Monday) via WhatsApp and email.
Time duration for each video should not be more than 5 minutes. If participants have performed more than once in the same video, only the first performance will be assessed. Videos must be live recorded. Special effects such as background music, sound effects, pictures, words, filters, transitions, colour adjustments, brightness adjustments, subtitles or any forms of video editing is forbidden.
In addition, videos must be live recorded, dubbing is not allowed. Participants should ensure videos submitted are smoothly synchronized and sounds could be played clearly. The recommended video resolution is 720p (1280×720) or above.
Please ensure performance videos are recorded indoors with a simple background and a quiet surrounding. Please also ensure there is sufficient lighting to allow adjudicators to assess participant’s performances thoroughly. The videos should show the participant’s entire body, face and gestures. The camera is kept steady throughout the recording process.
At the beginning of performance videos, participants must include their name, name or title of performing piece and author of performing piece (only applicable to speech entries) spoken in the language of their performing piece (Cantonese, English or Putonghua).
For those who would like to enroll, please fill in the online enrollment form with the basic information of the participant and submit the link to the performance video (if any). Upon receipt of the online enrollment form, parents / participants will receive a WhatsApp confirmation regarding entry details, together with details of enrollment fee payment.
If the link to the performance video is unavailable at the time of submitting the online enrollment form, parents / participants could still fill in the online form and proceed to payment first. Parents / participants could WhatsApp the performance video to Bestie Speak’s WhatsApp 9823-2999 for video submission at a later time.
To ensure participants’ privacy are comprehensively protected, all performance video received in the contest will not be uploaded to social media platforms for public view. The videos will not be used for other purposes other than performance assessment and will be deleted once the contest ends.
No, you cannot. Each video should only include the performance of one entry. If participants performed two pieces in a video, only the first performance will be assessed.
Participants should dress neatly in the performance videos. Wearing a mask may affect participants’ performance during video recording. Bestie Speak encourages participants to conduct video recording at home or other safe areas with masks off. Participants should self-assess health risks and refer to the government’s latest disease prevention measures.
Outstanding results are worthy of appreciation!
Participants who receive Gold, Silver or Bronze Award in Bestie’s Cup could receive extra prizes below:
- E-coupons are only valid for joining Bestie Speak’s courses
- Each e-coupon can only be used once
- E-coupons are not refundable, non-exchangeable for cash and no change is provided
- Expired, lost or deleted E-coupons will be invalid and will not be re-issued
- Bestie Speak Limited reserves the right to the final decision in case of disputes